Juan has always had an curious mind and asked lots of questions growing up. Searching for answers has been his passion and a lifelong journey. He had his first debate in 10th grade Biology class. Juan believes people have good questions and we as Christians need to have good answers. He desires to live out the command in the Bible where we’re told to always be ready to give an answer and to do so with the right attitude (1 Peter 3:15).
Further, Juan feels called to equip young people for the battles they face every day in an increasingly hostile culture. He also desires to equip parents and pastors so that they’re able to engage the youth. Juan loves to see people emboldened when they realize that there’re excellent arguments in support of the Truth. Most importantly, he enjoys removing the obstacles that keep people from surrendering to Christ.
When Juan’s not traveling, he is engaged in the pastorate of his bilingual congregation in Miami, FL. When he has down time (which isn’t often) you might find him in a quiet place reading a book or fishing. Juan’s educational background includes graduate work at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, and master’s degrees from Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary and Logos Graduate School. He also has a Doctor of Ministry in Apologetics from Southern Evangelical Seminary.
Juan arrived last week and invested virtually every waking hour last week to the students at our school and to the event in our area. For 5 nights straight, he taught for hours and the presentations were some of the best I have ever seen.
- Author of How to Think: A Crash Course in Critical Thinking
- Professor and Guest Lecturer at various Seminaries in Central and South America
- Has spoken at various universities in the US and in Latin America
- High School teacher for over 20 years
- Apologetics enthusiast for over 30 years
- Frequent Keynote Speaker at Pastors Conferences, Youth Conferences, Educators Conferences
- One of the founders of the Sociedad de Apologistas Latinos (a network of spanish speaking apologists)
- Graduate of Southern Evangelical Seminary (D. Min. Apologetics)
- Frequent presenter at the National Apologetics Conference in Charlotte, NC
- Involved in Pastoral Ministries for over 15 years
- Senior Pastor of a Spanish congregation since 2011
- Spoken at Summit Ministries Youth Conferences
- Can Christianity be defended beyond a shadow of a doubt? Depends on your worldview! We have good arguments for you. The cumulative case for God’s existence is […]
- If you’re wanting to reach out to those who disagree strongly with Christianity, this is the talk. This talk is prepared to engage people who are […]
- Let’s learn how to give an answer for the reason for the hope within us! This talk focus on the several attempts by various atheist and […]
- As Christians we should engage those who disagree with us, with meekness and fear! Meet, Bill Nye! This talk is a thorough, phrase-by-phrase rebuttal of Bill […]
- Dealing with intolerance. What’s the Bible’s alternative? Our culture promotes the idea that it is intolerant and completely unacceptable to tell someone that you think they […]
- Can Christians support a “What’s right for you, may not be right for me!” mentality? Let’s see.
- Juan handles some of the most common attacks on Jesus in this talk. Great information here! This talk refutes the idea that Jesus Christ’s life, death, […]
- Are faith and Christianity irreconcilable with science and reason? You may be surprised at the answer! Our culture attempts to present these as diametrically opposed positions […]
- How do we know God exists? Is there any evidence to support the claim that He does? What we know about God is based on what […]
- Belief in God is rational. God’s fingerprints are all over His creation. Let’s talk about it! This talk teaches people a powerful argument for God’s existence […]
- One of the most asked questions about God that I get is about . . . Evil! Let’s deal with it. The problem of evil is […]
- Are there answers to the tough topics such as death and suffering? Join Juan to find out. This talk takes a fresh look at the problem […]
- Does God really have a “plan” for your life? Yes, He does. Find out what it is! A fresh look at God’s overall “master plan” for […]
- Doubt is destroying young Christians when their faith is challenged and they are unprepared to respond. Let’s help them! To further the dilemma, the answers provided […]
- On fire, lukewarm or rebellious? There’s one gospel, but three responses. Which is yours? Juan Valdes illustrates the responses using three chairs and asks, “In which chair do […]